Pages

Monday 11 April 2016

I Really Wanted a Bedside Cabinet - Oak Furniture Land.

Oak Furniture Land.


Everyone in the UK knows their adverts and that 'No veneer in 'ere' slogan of theirs and how it's ripe for a bit of a piss take.

I started on Twitter with the following two Tweets which led to getting blocked.



After this, I gave them a few months respite before throwing myself at their Facebook page with this opening gambit. It was a bit crap and not worthy of a response from the company.


I realised some hilarious anecdotes would probably go down a little better so pestered them with these beauties.





 Rather unbelievably these did not invoke a response, even the Germaine Greer one which is 100% probably true so I offered up a reminder. I really wanted that bedside cabinet.


This did the trick!

April Fools Day. Not a good omen for receiving a serious amount of oak furniture but I had my fingers crossed as after all, it's against the law to say 'this is not an April Fools' and commit an April Fool. Doing some cold hard time is a genuine possibility for them if they refuse to send it as a Fool. I just had to have some patience.

11 days later, I have my oak furniture!





Well played, Oak Furniture Land. Well played.



2 comments:

  1. The 90's also made it socially acceptable to rock the "bed head" look. Demir Leather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, it was great!

    ReplyDelete